Specifically, this position will focus in the following areas, in order of priority:
Design & Construction
Management~40% of total work
-Develop project schedules and directly manage internal project assistants;
-Create Request for Proposals (RFP’s) for architectural, structural, MEP, and other consulting services;
-Oversee architectural, structural, and MEP design consultants during the design phase to ensure projects are delivered in line with ULS’ vision;
- Directly manage tendering process for construction works in coordination with third-party quantity surveyors;
- Oversee value engineering of project designs prior to construction and award construction contracts to exceptional contractors;
- Serve as the key decision maker between all parties during the design, construction, and tender phases;
- Report weekly and monthly progress to the Project Development Director and all other relevant project stakeholders;
- Perform site visits to active construction sites and participate in weekly and monthly construction site meetings;
- Provide final quality assurance reviews to ensure project handover meets defined standards and expectations.
Legal & Operations
~20% of total work
-Organize consulting and construction contracts in coordination with legal partners and the Project Development Director;
-Confirm contract milestones outlined in contract agreements have been successfully achieved;
-Oversee and manage final assets via the operations and
-Initiate new legal entity incorporations for long-term operation management when requested by the executive team.
~20% of total work
-Develop financial models in consultation with the Manging Director, Project Development Director, and the internal Finance Team;
-Define preliminary costing and determine project budgets;
-Develop pricing strategy in consultation with the Manging Director, Project Development Director, and the internal Finance Team;
-Assist with implementation of project accounting and financial reporting with the internal Finance Team;
-Review and approve invoicing and issuance of payments with the internal Finance Team;
-Monitor and report financial performance of projects including cashflow management.
Sales and Leasing
~10% of total work
-Guide in-house Sales Team to develop sales strategies and project sales plans;
-Coordinate with Marketing and Communications Department on
content required for sales and marketing materials;
-Identify strategic retail operating partners and coordinate leasing and operating contracts;
-Ensure authorized sales agencies are selling on brand to correct target markets;
-Evaluate and monitor sales activities and profitability.
Development & Concept Design
~10% of total work
-Assess overall project feasibility;
-Research target markets and develop understanding of micro and macro economic trends;
-Develop architectural and other consultant briefs;
-Oversee application process for construction permits and obtain a firm understanding of zoning restrictions;
-Advise Marketing & Communications department on project brand development;
-Obtain firm knowledge of domestic real estate market behavior;
-Identify internal staffing needs and oversee recruitment process.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Project
Management, Civil Engineering, or Real Estate Development or
- Additional certifications such as PMP or PRINCE and/or LEED accreditations are appreciated;
- 10+ years of experience in managing construction projects with preference for experience with projects over 10 floors;
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with an
attention to detail;
- Advanced Microsoft Project and Microsoft Office skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and well developed presentation skills;
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment that is still in its formative period.
- Languages: Fluent in English, competency in either Khmer or Chinese (Mandarin) preferred but not essential.
-Working hours: Up to 48 hours per week; primary work days shall be Monday to Friday 9 AM – 6 PM with occasional offsite work. Work outside of office hours will be required on occasions.
-Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Reports to: This position reports to the Project Development Director.
-Compensation: ULS is offering a competitive base salary commensurate with experience.
-Benefits: This position comes with international medical coverage and unlimited holiday leave.
Please email your CV and cover letter sharing your experiences to email@example.com
Please use the subject line: “I’m the Project Manager you are looking for”
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Job education :B.A